- TYPE OF PUBLICATION: Publication in Conference Proceedings
- AUTHORS: Dimitris Theodoropoulos, Giorgos Pekridis, Panagiotis Miliadis, and Dionisios Pnevmatikatos
- PUBLISHER: Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
- CONFERENCE: International Conference on Embedded Computer Systems: Architectures, Modeling and Simulation (SAMOS 23)
- YEAR OF PUBLICATION: 2023
ABSTRACT: Vector-based calculations dominate computations in scientific and industrial HPC software. However, up to now there are limited options for mapping them quickly and efficiently on FPGA-supported systems. This work presents a first set of FPGA kernels for mapping a large set of the BLAS L1 routine set on HPC FPGAs. All kernels retain exactly the same interface with respect to their software counterpart routine, whereas they can be configured in terms of internal comput-
ing engines. Results show that our kernels can achieve a speed up and performance-per-Watt ratio of up to 7x and 45x respectively, compared to Intel’s MKL routines when executed on server-class machines.